Paint Chip Inspiration #1: Birthday Cake

This year I'm starting a new series on my blog called "Paint Chip Inspiration".  It's amazing how many things you can make using paint chips.  Look for more project ideas coming soon.

This card was made using a BEHR paint chip from Home Depot #150E:  Delicate Blush, Kashmir Pink and Calico Rose.  More details and instructions below.


First I created a template for the birthday cake using scrap paper.

 

The paint chip was a little too big to leave as is, so I cut off the bottom color strip and trimmed it and then rounded the corners.

 

Then it was time to decorate and layout the card.  I wanted to add some textures so I layered the cake on white card stock and used Filigree Frame Textured Impressions embossing folder from the Holiday Catalog. Then I punched out white flowers using the Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Accents Punch pack and the leaves are punched using the Bird Builder punch. 

 

Last step was layering on Blushing Bride card stock...






No comments:

Post a Comment

HELLO with Perennial Lavender Designer Series Paper

I am very excited that the  Perennial Lavender Designer Series Paper is being carried over into the NEW Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog. Th...