Chipboard Magnetic Photo Frame

Let's kick off the week with a creative 3D item I made this weekend.  I found some wonderful Chipboard Coasters and decided to create a fun photo magnet with my son's recent school photo.

 

I glued 2 chipboard coasters together to create a pocket on the inside.  I did this by putting a strip of red stick tape on the left, right and bottom pieces only.  The pocket makes makes it easy to slide the photo in and out.  


I used Oval Framelits to cut out the oval for the photo.  It's easier if you cut the oval with the chipboard coaster and designer series paper together at the same time so they line up.


I layered 2 different sizes of the Oval Framelits to create the black frame around the photo opening.





I
I used a piece of magnetic strip for the back of the chipboard.  This strip was from an old box of "Magnetic Business Cards".





1 comment:

Stampin With Scraps: Perennial Lavender DSP

Don't throw away your paper scraps. You can make some amazing cards with the smallest of scraps.  I used  Perennial Lavender 12 x 12 Des...