Perpetual Box Calendar

I've seen these perpetual box calendars on various demonstrator blogs and on Pinterest and I couldn't wait to try it.  I created my own template (see instructions below).  I love the new Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper from the Occasions Catalog... it worked perfectly with all the different elements of this project.




Perpetual Box Calendar

1. First we need to make our base. Start with a piece of card stock 8 1/2" x 7 1/2" and score at 2" and 6 1/2" (along the 8 1/2" side).  Then score at 2 1/4" on the 7 1/2" side.



2. From the 2 1/4" score line, measure up 2" and cut in to the score line.


3.  Cut as shown and fold up the bottom piece. I like to use paper clips to hold my projects together while I am assembling and making sure I cut the right pieces.



4.  Cut up in an angle to create the side panel.  I cut this by eye, couldn't cut on the trimmer.  Leave the flaps on at the top of the calendar.  You will fold these back and tape them flat.


5.  You could cut off those flaps, but I kept them and folded them back to give it more structure and sturdiness.
6.  Run the top of the calendar through the Big Shop with your framelit to create the scallop at the top.  I used the "Labels Framelits" for my calendar.  I put through the card stock and the designer series paper together to make sure everything lined up.




7.  I created a little riser so the calendar boxes sit nice in the case. I cut a piece of card stock 4 1/4" x 4 3/4" and I scored at 2 1/4" and 2 1/2".  Decorate the side panels of the box with DSP.



8.  I used the Stampin' Up! Tiny Treat boxes to create the calendar with DSP and number die cuts.  The most important part is the way you layout your numbers...  box #1 should have numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and box #2 should have 0, 1, 2, 7, 8, 6 (which also acts as #9).  If you follow this pattern, you will have the right numbers for every day of the week.


Image result for stampin up tiny treat boxes



      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Congratulations with Stampin' Up! Stippled Roses Stamp Set

I am very excited that the Stippled Roses Stamp Set will be available in the new Annual Catalog.  I love the sketch design on this rose whi...