Organize It Friday - Tip #11: Stamping Surface

Every creative stamping session starts with a great stamping surface.  I stamp on my Stampin' Up! Grip Paper.  I love the oversized paper (11" x 17") which allows you to stamp off the edge of your projects and keep your work area clean.  The grid lines and the rulers along the bottom and side edge are there and ready for quick measuring or to make sure you are stamping your greeting straight.

As you will see below, I have multiple layers to my stamping surface.


I have a We R Memory Keepers Magnetic Cutting Set as my first layer.  The set includes a large magnetic matt (approximately 22" x 19") a metal ruler and 4 little magnets.  The metal ruler stays put on the matt and doesn't get lost when I am stamping and everything is all over the place on my desk.  I use my ruler all the time to measure my card layers and pieces.



The second layer is a foam pad.  You can find these foam pads at any craft store like Michael's.  You can usually find them in the kids arts and crafts section.  This pad allows for optimal stamping as it creates a cushion.  It is especially important when using Photopolymer stamps... allows for even stamping of the images.



Lastly, the top layer is the Stampin' Up! Grid Paper.  I use the small magnets that came with the set to keep the grid paper in place. 



My grid paper doesn't stay clean for long... this is what it usually looks like while I am creating.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stampin With Scraps: Stampin' Up! Perennial Lavender DSP

Don't throw away your scraps. Today's Thank You card is another sample of how to use your paper scraps to create pretty cards.  I us...